Steve Wilson. On music.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ran Blake - Plays Solo Piano (ESP-disk) - courtesy of blurtonline.com


The linked review is of Plays Solo Piano, the 1965 solo debut of the remarkable jazz pianist Ran Blake.

Fred, my editor, gave me the green light. The nice folks at ESP Records sent me the disc. I listened, enjoyed, ruminated, and then wrote. I've long been a fan of Ran Blake, and it gives me great pleasure to promote his music. Here's the link:

http://blurtonline.com/feature/man-keys-ran-blake/





The video below is not from Plays Solo Piano, but it gives you a taste of Blake's singular work.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

At least 160,000 men and women are using a easy and SECRET "water hack" to burn 2lbs every night in their sleep.

It is very simple and works all the time.

This is how you can do it yourself:

1) Grab a clear glass and fill it up with water half glass

2) And now do this awesome hack

you'll become 2lbs skinnier when you wake up!